Hakan Falk wrote:

> Young light green spring nettle has not developed any tissue
> irritating compounds

        Well, my sweetheart got pricked by one of those young plants this
morning!  She wanted to go wading through a whole patch of the stuff
and would have, had I not warned her against it.  (And she's the one
who grew up in BC!)

> In the past it was
> very common spring delicatessen in Sweden. Today you get it only if
> you pick and
> cook yourself or at the few best and exclusive restaurants.

        I really like the flavor.  What's nice, is that it tastes better
cooked than spinach, which I prefer raw.  I wouldn't want to eat raw
nettles, though!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind