Keith and D. Mindock and whoever else - I can't keep track of all the
quotes below...

Carter was a good president - heck, I have a signed picture from him.
First president I voted for.
I true to the second one  - I think the first was a give away by the
court, but I agree about the voter intimidation - I had friends there -
certain groups were STRONGLY discouraged from voting- when I have time
I'll post the tale.
I agree Reagan had hanky-panky w/ the Iran hostage issue, but I don't
think there was ballot stuffing
The election process is broken and getting worse
I fear you are right about the police state
I don't think I'm prevaricating and I am certainly not trying to paint
you as negative - my *main* point is that I see far more awakeniing and
positive progress here in the US than since the 60's.
I AM in agreement with you - Americans are complicit because they
haven't moved strongly enough to STOP torture.
But I think they tide is changing. Heck, I spent several hours sending
email for Amnesty International on that very issue this week.
Yes, Bushco is nuts.  No argument there

But now I have to go out of town and won't return until Monday, so don't
think for a moment that I have given up arguing with you, Keith.  Aside
from baiting Redler, going back and forth with you on the list is one of
my joys these days - I always enjoy someone who can think and give it
right back.  Besides, we're mostly on the same page - half the reason I
like this list is the clipping service it provides.

Mike "pointy-headed liberal" Weaver