On May 12, 2006, at 1:59 PM, Zeke Yewdall wrote:

...... the biggest reason I see for failed systems is
lack of maintenance (mostly batteries, but also
anything that moves).

I've got my well pump on three 50W modules, fixed.
It's totally maintenance-free. I don't think I'll use
trackers for the main house power either. If you have
poles, there's usually azimuth and elevation brackets
that can be adjusted at any time. You set them for
your latitude first -- if you want to adjust them
seasonally or daily, it's easy. If not, it works fine in
the original position. Good for us lazy types :-)

-K