Hi Mike;

You and I have something in common then.  The university I work for has
just launched an undergraduate program called nanotechnology
engineering. Quite the laugh since the engineers are waay behind the
scientists in nanotech, but it was part of an initiative to get status
and therefore money, being the first university in the world to launch
such a program.  We don't even have a grad program yet, but I digress..
You know about the risks of playing with particles that are able to
easily go inside cell walls then. I personally feel we should have a
moratorium on this technology for a while until we know more but then I
feel that way about genetic research too, and a lot of stuff actually.
But the forces of the capitalist charade will see to it that we discover
our mistakes when they are in our faces rather than beforehand sigh....
I had some glass microspheres about a decade ago and there were warnings
all over it about inhalation risks, and these were not even hollow with
palladium inside just solid glass.

Joe