Hi Joe,

Your research is a little outside of my range of expertise. So, I gave
your message to my finance. She has a PhD in Chemistry and runs a
chromatography lab.

All she had to say was "Wow! He's got access to some nice equipment.". I
think she's jealous.

I may be way off but, your description reminds me of black anodize.

Anyway, it looks promising.

Good luck.

-Redler