On Jun 24, 2006, at 5:46 AM, chem.dd wrote:

> Fission reactors will have to do until we develop a
> functional fusion reactor which is by its physics
> inherently safe. Please let me know your thoughts
> on this.

Gladly -- it's absurd and uninformed!

Both fission and fusion are boondoggles by Big Energy
to centralize power production and receive massive
government subsidies. Fusion will likely never work
and wouldn't be safe inherently or otherwise (take some
time and read up about fatigue and disposal problems
with the metal structures around the fusion reaction).

Fission would only "work" for a few decades at best, at
huge financial and environmental cost. You might as well
advocate coal with sequestration -- equally absurd, for
similar reasons.

-K