Quoting Bob Carr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi All:

   I did carry out the charing procedure (I used sawdust as well as starch)
described by the Japanese group. In my lab, the char was not an effective
catalyst.  The title of the paper mentions 'biodiesel' but only esterification
was carried out according to the paper. I was not impressed with this potential
heterogeneous catalyst.

Regards,
Dave Soriano
Chem Dept.