I've never use the pipe dope stuff -- I always use teflon thread tape.  Are they similar?

On 7/21/06, Joe Street < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey Mike;

I'd like to add that the solvent in some of these pipe dope products is
not compatible with some plastics so if you are using any plastic
fittings look for pipe dope that specifically says for metal and
plastic.  It is available in most hardware stores.

The contractors that work for me always swear by 'pro dope' and they
always seem to be laughing and having a merry old time whenever I come
on the jobsite. FWIW.

Joe