Of course there is a distribution but there is demarcation. A criteria is set and 4%  +- some deviation qualify as full blown nutters.
We arent injection molded thermoplastic caricatures. There is a living dynamic. But the author builds a good case that there is a 4% you wouldnt leave alone with your children. Nor should you leave them in office. Or on a board of directors etc etc. poor perception and slow learning were in the next 16%. They are the people that exhibit psychopathic behavior if their boss is a psychopath. On their own they are somewhat inhibited. The 4% are worse. Much worse. These 4% are destroying civilization while the "sheep" look for the good in man. The sheep better deal with the wolves. It isnt getting better on its own.
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/sanity_1.PdF
Read the classic, and the article. Then decide if the author is chicken little and the sky is falling.

Kirk

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
While I haven't read the books, I would be inclined to suspect that
the population is not divided into a small minority who are 100%
sociopathic plus a majority who are not at all sociopathic, but that there
is something like a continuum with the "pure" sociopaths at one end.

I suspect further that there might be several factors involved, perhaps

* slow social learning; Eysenck's "extraversion"

* poor perception of other peoples' feelings

* indifference to other peoples' feelings

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006, Kirk McLoren wrote:

> http://cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/psychopath.htm
> Provided you are not forcibly stopped, you can do anything at all.
> If you are born at the right time, with some access to family fortune, and you have a special talent for whipping up other people's hatred and sense of deprivation, you can arrange to kill large numbers of unsuspecting people. With enough money, you can accomplish this from far away, and you can sit back safely and watch in satisfaction. [...]
> Crazy and frightening - and real, in about 4 percent of the population....

[snip]

Do you Yahoo!?