Mr Chadzichristos

>Hi everyone,
>
>            I am currently in the process of helping to start up a
>biodiesel production faculty on the border of Wisconsin and
>Illinois.  We were making good progress to setting up to a capacity
>of 1000gallons a day. Unfortunately we have had a recent run in with
>the cities inspector. They have automatically assumed that biodiesel
>production it is a very dangerous affair and have sealed our
>building off in addition to mentioning that we have lack of several
>permits (which we actually have). What make the situation very
>difficult is the fact that either the inspector or the town we are
>in has any knowledge of biodiesel and its production. In addition
>the inspector himself is a very unfriendly and difficult person to
>work with especially when I comes to the site at which we are
>located. I was hoping that someone might have some knowledge of
>where I can find information with regards guild lines or laws and
>regulations on running a biodiesel production facility. By that I
>mean information on a federal or state level that directly addresses
>things like methanol storage (which we have only a very small amount
>of), biodiesel storage, and any other information on things like the
>use of certain processing equipment to fire safety. I have been
>looking the last two days almost all day and have been very limited
>partially because it is the weekend and the fact that I cant get a
>hold of anyone and because of the fact that everything I find has no
>relation to biodiesel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

1000 gallons a day is a commercial operation, no?

We're not here to provide free consultancy services for commercial
operations. Of course we're not against commercial operations either,
but the focus here is small-scale, local community level or
individual projects, using an Appropriate Technology approach and
Open-Source development, with the emphasis on sharing and
collaboration.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think your
1000-gallon-a-day operation fits that description, in which case you
should either do your own homework or hire a consultant.

Thankyou.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
KYOTO Pref., Japan