Hi Joe,

Yeah, I had a few sailplane lessons and loved it.  I also like to skydive,
too - similar one-shot landing situation.  I never tried hang gliding
though.  I'll give it a go sometime (I keep meaning to have a go at
paragliding too, since a lot of my parachute canopy handling skills would
transfer to that...).  People who fly gliders always make better powered
pilots too, IMHO.

One of the biggest draws of powered flight for me is that we turn it into
a family occassion and we all fly places together.  As the kids get older
I might well look for something more peaceful!

Matt.