Hey Bob,

I think your situation reinforces the idea that fuel/energy dependence isn't an OPEC thing and that the problem is home grown. If corporations and local governments didn't work together to limit the number of sources, you couldn't effectively tax it. I'm not against taxes, just how I'm taxed and what it's spent on (i.e. 750,000,000,000 on "defense").

If my local government tried something like that with me, I'd seriously consider producer gas as a fuel. Let them try and noodle out a method of measuring and taxing CO and H2 by the cubic foot. The perfect fuel for a bureaucracy. The longer one waits to measure it, the less fuel their is to measure.

:-)

- Redler

P.S. I went to http://www.ozarker.org/ and noticed that there is no "Recreational Bob" link. Shame on you.

bob allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
the tax applies to any fuel produced and used on-road. I don't have
the letter here in front of me, but as I recall it wanted to know how
much I produced total and how much was used as on-road motor fuel. The
tax is retroactive for 2005.