If you plan to have any osprey tenants in the future, it might require some work to keep it up to code. You will have to contact the inspector and apply for a certificate of occupancy - even if it's used as a guest house.

Depending on the state, you might also need to install a flushing toilet.

By the way, 9' might require a fire escape.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news...just tryin' to help.

- Redler

Mike Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Uh oh,

I have a 9' tall foot abandonded Osprey nest I've been maintaning for
several years now - I wonder if it'll get me in trouble?

bob allen wrote:

>Howdy folks, if you read the analysis at Snopes, you'll discover the the Michigan authorities are
>not quite as stupid as seems, nor the land owner so innocent. I would be pi**ed off too if an
>adjacent land owner started messing with my land.
>

> " The letter concerned an enforcement action directed to a tenant on property surrounding Spring
>Pond,
>which is located in Pierson Township, Montcalm County, Michigan. The tenant was observed by the
>downstream
>complainant, and has since admitted to the complainant, that he artificially built up, and
>maintained two
>abandoned beaver dams on the discharge end of the natural pond. Such an activity falls under the
>jurisdiction
>of Part 301, Inland Lakes and Streams, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act,
>1194 PA 451,
>as amended. It is the Department's position that in the absence of any threat to public welfare,
>beaver dams
>should be left in their natural state, that being either actively maintained or abandoned by beaver."

[snip]