its because of that "difference in miscibility" i bet. ill have to look
to be sure, but i think with glycerine being an alcohol, and ffa being a
lipid that the glycerine will dissolve in the water, but ffa's do not. i
also wonder if the ffa content can be used in place of castor oil to
distill ethanol...another thing to look into.