"The point of public relations slogans like "Support our troops" is that
they don't mean anything... That's the whole point of good propaganda. You
want to create a slogan that nobody's going to be against, and everybody's
going to be for. Nobody knows what it means, because it doesn't mean
anything. Its crucial value is that it diverts your attention from a
question that does mean something: Do you support our policy? That's the one
you're not allowed to talk about."
: Noam Chomsky

=
"If those in charge of our society - politicians, corporate executives, and
owners of press and television - can dominate our ideas, they will be secure
in their power. They will not need soldiers patrolling the streets. We will
control ourselves."
: Howard Zinn, historian and author

=
Four sorrows ... are certain to be visited on the United States. Their
cumulative effect guarantees that the U.S. will cease to resemble the
country outlined in the Constitution of 1787.

First, there will be a state of perpetual war, leading to more terrorism
against Americans wherever they may be and a spreading reliance on nuclear
weapons among smaller nations as they try to ward off the imperial
juggernaut.

Second is a loss of democracy and Constitutional rights as the presidency
eclipses Congress and is itself transformed from a co- equal 'executive
branch' of overnment into a military junta.

Third is the replacement of truth by propaganda, disinformation, and the
glorification of war, power, and the military legions.

Lastly, there is bankruptcy, as the United States pours its economic
resources into ever more grandiose military projects and shortchanges the
education, health, and safety of its citizens."
: Chalmers Johnson, Sorrows of Empire

===
Read this newsletter online
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/