Hey Jason;

Has it worked for you like you said?  What if you bring news that is particularly unpalatable to the advertisers they carry, you know, the ones who pay for those big whole page ads you see?  Any idea what an add like that costs?
I'd like to recommend a book to you (or I think you can even get a DVD) it's called "Manufacturing Consent" by Noam Chomsky.  Have a look at the section which describes media filters and how and why they exist and work.  Your opinion may change somewhat after reading that and you might tend to agree with Fritz a little more on that subject.

Joe

Jason & Katie wrote:
WARNING!!! FULL BLOWN OPINION AHEAD!!!

this sounds kind of cruel, but if you go straight to the people working
in the newspaper business (at least where im from) you can appeal
directly to their interests and values, and if you feed them enough real
news, eventually they will begin putting your stuff in the paper on a
fairly regular basis, and you can slip some truth in between all the
sports scores and the TV guide. people will then read it, and not
realize that they learned something they would have never otherwise
heard of. i believe this is the first step. the next step would be to
try publishing facts that tear down the "normal standards" and give
people options to think about. after so many years of being fed "one
right way", changing someones mind will have to be slightly circuitous
to begin with. when they start to think for themselves, that is when you
offer them a chance to really explore life.

How we gonna change all this? we need to get rid of all our
Massmedia,change Journalismteachers and Schools and get started with
independet Journalism!
Keith would know more about this subject!

Fritz