Joe Street wrote:
> Chip;
>
> Ok big deal.  I didn't mean to be anal about the numbers, and now I
> realize the accuracy of the numbers is not really important to the
> discussion.
> BIG SNIP
.  I don't think
> you will solve it by reorganizing the money.
>
> Joe

Excellent!

Now *THATS* what I call a comment!
Thanks for the input.

Some of my thoughts on this Very Simple Model.

One thought, everyone's time is worth the same.
 Albert values his life just as much as Emily, as
do Beverly and Charles.

An hour has no intrinsic value, it's just how
they spend their days.

Before Enlightenment;
 Chop wood, Carry water.
After Enlightenment;
 Chop wood, Carry water.

Another thought, everyone's time is valued very
differently, across our powers of 10 monetary
reward for services rendered.

Carrying water is a big waste of otherwise productive
time. Should bring in cheap labour to do the job.
A flat tax is called for. Albert chafes,
"I can carry my own weight (water), and this tax is
too much on my quite limited financial resources."
Emily is quite content.
A scheduled tax is called for. Emily chafes,
"Albert only has to pay X, so I should only have
to pay X. After all, an hour is an hour is an hour"
Never mind that Emily's billable hours
scale at one thousand times what Albert's are. In one
regard, Emily receives a benefit equal to one thousand times
the benefit that Albert receives.