-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marylynn
Schmidt
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 9:32 AM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: [Biofuel] NVIC response to: India: Highly Vaccinated Babies
GetPolio

The pro-vaccination community perhaps should be proud of all the good
work that they do.

Mary Lynn
Rev. Mary Lynn Schmidt, Ordained Minister ONE SPIRIT ONE HEART TTouch .
Reiki . Pet Loss Grief Counseling . Animal Behavior Modification .
Shamanic Spiritual Travel . Behavior Problems . Psionic Energy
Practitioner . Radionics . Herbs . Dowsing . Nutrition . Homeopathy .
Polarity .
The Animal Connection Healing Modalities
http://members.tripod.com/~MLSchmidt/
http://allcreatureconnections.org

>  National Vaccine Information Center Newsletter
>
>  e-NEWS
>  October 26, 2006
>

>"They say almost all the cases have been reported from areas where
>sanitation is an issue and most of the children belong to poor families
>unable to give them a nutritious diet. In the developed countries, a
child
>needs three doses for immunisation. But in India, a child may need up
to 10
>doses, they say. Officials have confirmed that one child in Delhi has
>contracted the virus despite veing given nine shots of the vaccine." -
>Geeta Pandey, BBC News, Delhi
>

>Barbara Loe Fisher Commentary:
>
>  It is painful to watch doctors and public health officials squirt
>unlimited amounts of live oral polio vaccine down the throats of babies
in
>India rather than address the poor nutrition and sanitation that comes
with
>poverty, the true cause of most disease. With a religious zeal not seen
>since the Crusades, these public health officials bearing live polio
>viruses capable of being causing vaccine strain polio and transmitting
it
>to others through the open sewage pits of poor communities in India,
>apparently have no idea what they are doing.
>
>Have the relentless polio vaccine campaigns in India and other poor
>countries put pressure on one or all of the three polio viruses
contained
>in the live oral polio vaccine to mutute into vaccine resistant forms?
Have
>the malnourished, poor children repeatedly exposed to live polio
viruses
>become immune compromised and more vulnerable to other diseases? These
and
>other questions are ignored as the vaccinators mindlessly conduct one
polio
>vaccine campaign after another, determined to eradicate a virus from
the
>earth using a live virus vaccine which gives the virus opportunity to
>thrive.
>
>  The people, like lambs led to slaughter, do not know how to stand up
>the officials in white coats. Some run. Others submit, afraid of
>retribution. And the highly vaccinated children living in poverty
without
>enough to eat continue to get sicker and sicker.
>
>**********
>  Indian alarm at new polio cases
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6082970.stm
>
>  BBC News, Delhi
>
>By Geeta Pandey
>
>Wednesday, 25 October 2006, 07:48 GMT 08:48 UK
>E-mail this to a friend        Printable version
>Indian alarm at new polio cases
>By Geeta Pandey
>BBC News, Delhi
>
>Polio baby
>A health worker in India gives polio drops to a baby
>Officials in India say they are worried over the growing number of
polio
>cases in the country.
>
>They say 119 new cases have been reported in the past month, taking the
>total number of infections to 416.
>
>The disease, which attacks children under five years, affects the
nervous
>system and can result in paralysis.
>
>With almost one-third of the total 1,449 cases in the world, India is
seen
>as a big stumbling block in the struggle against polio.
>
>Particularly dismal has been the case of the northern state of Uttar
>Pradesh where 358 polio cases have been recorded.
>
>Spreading virus
>
>Earlier it was believed that the virus was confined to some pockets of
>western Uttar Pradesh, but health ministry officials say now it has
spread
>to 41 of the 70 districts in the state.
>
>The neighbouring state of Bihar comes second with 28 infections.
>
>With new cases being reported from the capital, Delhi, and in the
western
>city of Mumbai, experts say the virus has now travelled out of the
region
>and is afflicting children in the whole of northern and western India.
>
>Officials blame it on people moving out of the worst-affected states to
>other parts of the country.
>
>"It is the migrants who have taken it out of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
All
>the cases found in Delhi or Mumbai can be linked to the state as these
>children had travelled there in the last few months," a spokesman for
the
>health ministry told the BBC.
>
>Experts say the spread of the virus is dependent on three factors -
lack of
>nutrition, environmental causes and poor hygiene and sanitation.
>
>Concerned
>
>They say almost all the cases have been reported from areas where
>sanitation is an issue and most of the children belong to poor families
>unable to give them a nutritious diet.
>
>In the developed countries, a child needs three doses for immunisation.
But
>in India, a child may need up to 10 doses, they say.
>
>Officials have confirmed that one child in Delhi has contracted the
virus
>despite being given nine shots of the vaccine.
>
>"We're still in the process of examining how that happened, but she may
>have had diarrhoea at the time she was given the vaccine. In such a
>situation, her body will expel the medicine and it will not have the
>desired affect," says the health ministry spokesman.
>
>Last month, India's health minister held an emergency meeting of
officials
>from the states affected by the disease.
>
>Last year, only 66 cases of polio were recorded in India and officials
say
>the current numbers are giving them sleepless nights.
>
>A huge pulse polio campaign is being launched in November and officials
say
>they hope the virus will be contained soon.
>
>Although polio has no cure, it is easily preventable through vaccine.
>
>Before 1988, when the World Health Organisation (WHO) launched a global
>anti-polio campaign, there were more than 350,000 cases worldwide.
>
>Today the disease has been eradicated in much of the world but is still
>found in some countries.
>
>A strain of the disease, which originated in Uttar Pradesh state, has
also
>travelled to the neighbouring countries of Nepal and Bangladesh.
>
>It has also infected people in faraway African countries like Angola,
>Namibia and Congo.
>
>India's failure to contain the virus has caused serious concern to the
>World Health Organisation in Geneva. It has written to India's health
>minister, seeking a meeting with him.

Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives (50,000
messages):