Hi again Robert;

See below....

robert and benita rabello wrote:
Joe Street wrote:
Ok this is the part I don't get.  You keep saying there in a massive cohort of subjects walking around with amalgams and how come we aren't seeing a problem, and I'm telling you there's a massive cohort of subjects and we are seeing problems. I can't prove it is the amalgam and you can't prove it's not.

    How can I prove a negative?  There SHOULD be some indication of widespread health issues linked to amalgam if the problem actually exists because the cohort with amalgam fillings is so large.  If that's the case, what are the medical indications?  If you can't prove ill effects from amalgam fillings--and I've had them in my mouth for decades now, without problems--how do you expect to convince me that a problem exists?
How can I prove a positive when it may be buried in the noise of other toxins of trace concentration in my environment, and as Keith pointed out may be acting synergistically with them for all I know.  The point is I don't have to know for sure to make a decision about how I will replace my amalgam fillings when I need to because of the following.  Mercury is POISON!  Let me say it again.  Mercury is POISON. And contrary to what I was told, it does offgass vapour and my body is adsorbing it! If I asked you to have tea with me and as I was serving it I asked you 'oh how much poison would you like with that?' wouldn't you think it odd?  And if I said 'oh a little will do you no harm'  I'll bet you would answer 'yeah and neither will NONE thank you very much'  Mercury is not like sunlight or selenium which may be good or bad depending on how much you get.  Any is going to be bad.  How much lead is ok for your kids? Is there a recommended daily allowance of arsenic? We're talking about poison here. Skull and crossbones.

And it has nothing to do with a coverup or conspiracy by the medical association cause they don't know for sure either.( but there is the precautionary principle right?)

    The precautionary principle is something I learned about HERE.  Nobody else talks about it, at least in my circles, and this discussion outlines its merits.  I'm learning a lot in reading and writing to other people in this forum, and that's why I'm still a subscriber after all these years.  The flip side to the precautionary principle is that if I have the fillings already, I'm better off leaving them in than removing them because by removing them, I increase my exposure to mercury vapor.
That's right and that's why I said I'm not rushing out to replace them as the damage is done now. I won't choose to make a bad situation worse. I'll replace them if I have to if they come loose or unstable, because I have no choice at that point. The precautionary principle is as old as time but not everyone recognizes its value. It's something akin to wisdom in my books. Some folks see it as an impediment to their ambitions.
  At the time amalgams were first used they seemed like a wonderful solution.

    Amalgams are tough, yet tender.  They're softer than porcelain, so they're easier on the jaw, last far longer than porcelain, and they're cheaper than gold.  That's why they're used.

Trans fat was going to be the solution to a problem as well remember? All I'm saying is that one day when you say to yourself 'crap, I just found out that I should wear gloves when I change the engine oil on my car cause there's stuff in there that can harm me if I get it on my skin' then you wear gloves right?  You don't go on getting motor oil all over your hands.  But maybe if you're an unscrupulous garage owner you don't bother to tell your mechanics about the issue because then you have to do something for them and it might cut into your profits.
    How do we know that skin exposure to oil causes problems?  Couldn't we use similar techniques to draw definitive conclusions about mercury in amalgam fillings and vaccines?
I didn't do the studies but I remember when it was found that combustion byproducts trapped in used motor oil were highly carcinogenic it was linked to mechanics who had high exposure to the stuff on a regular basis. Perhaps this is how the studies got launched, I don't know I don't have exact references on hand and I'm not going to waste time finding them. Could this be a similar case to the higher incidence of suicide among dentists we discussed before again due to higher exposure? Mercury does affect mental health as we discussed. The MSDS will tell you that these effects are very real but it has only been studied at higher concentrations over shorter time periods than we are talking about. Maybe this is just a social curiosity though or a result of some other unmeasurable effect out here in the complex world of life as a dentist.

Unfortunately I'm just as skeptical of UV cure epoxies as I am now of the amalgam I have in my head.  Epoxy is the new wonderful solution but it has even less of a track record. Gold is probably fine but then I have to be careful next time I go to the third world walking around with that gold flashing in my mouth.  If I go porcelain my buds will accuse me of having a glass jaw and what can I say? Ahh you can't win.  Stay away from candy kiddies!

    You'd better brush, floss and visit your dentist regularly!!!
Oh yeah and I guess I better be afraid.  Very afraid. Thanks for that last bit.

Joe