Tom,
I agree and feel like you, but my 87 year old mom is probably in better
health than us both!  She chooses not to get the shot.  That said I still
agree with you about those at risk and leading a risky style - in example a
certain person I work with is at high risk of Pnumonia, smokes, overweight
and on and on - the washcloths may not be a good choice.

Thats what the modern health care is all about - its to keep gluttons alive
and well so they can consume and continue on.  It is that way because
wealthy gluttons will payfor it. Doctors have just fallen into the reactive
side of the business as the mechanics of survival.

The root causes for our demise go much deeper than society will acknowlege.
If we had spent half the money we spend on health care on prevention type
scientific studies not influenced by corporation we surely would have better
sound data to live by.

I think there is a good chance that Exercise is 1st by a long long lead then
diet 2 and environment 3 (close tie with 2) in determining health.  I also
think the level of and types of exercise is far more extensive than most
people would exert for health.  Just my intuition and no data to support it.

Jim