  From: JAMES PHELPS
  To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:42 AM
  Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Methanol Price Increase?

  Tom,
  Yep, you missed it, I used to think it followed natural gas prices too but
that is not the case unless there is a significant market lag that causes the
price to lag about a year behind. Wellhead Gas prices have gone down
considerably since last year. Someone mentioned that there was a force majure
(sp) at two plants in India this fall. Tsunami effects?? guessing on this one.

  Conspiracy theories aside. It may have to do with our free market again since
Biodiesel production has taken a sharp increase in the US the additional demand
on the market could be the cause. this is often the case with finite supplies
introduced to new markets overnight - Prices move up.

  Jim