  From: JAMES PHELPS
  To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
  Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 1:06 PM
  Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Happy Thanksgiving

  The only trouble I have is deciding between Stout or draft.  hmmmm

  Say for those inclined to grow Sun chokes here is my favorite recipe for this
native American tuber;

  Steam 2 cups sunchokes till fully cooked
  mash in saucepan LEAVE SKINS ON!
  Add 1 can Chicken or beef broth 11/2 cups
  Add 1 can of mushroom stems and pieces
  Add 1 cup cream half and half
  1 teaspoon Corriander
  1 teaspoon powdered dill
  1/4 cup rice powder (I prefer basmati or Japanese mini rice {king of rice})
  1 teaspoon salt
  dash of pepper (on top of each bowl to dress it up)
  (you can make rice powder with a coffee grinder as D Mindock mentioned)
  Add water to preferred consistency

  Add a pat of butter on top when serving with some chopped chives as a

  Enjoy!