  From: Thomas Kelly
  To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Weird Weather

  Robert,

       I read your post and then the following from an e-mail:

  "More and more polar bear cubs are dying off on Alaska's northern coast,
according to a government study released earlier this month .
      In fact, of polar bears studied between 1990 and last spring, only 25
cubs per 100 females survived. That's less than half the survival rate of polar
bear cubs studied from 1967 to 1989!
       Scientists point to rising temperatures and shrinking ice packs as a
main cause of the polar bear's dramatic decline."

       Evidence of climate change is coming from many different directions.

       I spent the afternoon trout fishing in the Catskill Mts of New York
(US). Temps in the low 60's (F). Unusual for late Nov. The other fisherman I
saw was wearing a Tee shirt. By now I should be using the new block heater I
put in the car. I've already gone to my winter blend (70% BD : 30% winterized
petro). Unusual  ....  maybe nothing more   ....   but .....   weird weather,
huh?
                                            Tom