Yes in fact the tragedy of 09 11 ironically gave us a glimpse of just
how true this is.  The no fly period  gave climatologists an
unprecedented opportunity to see just what the effects of sulfur
emmissions from high flying jets has on our current environment.
Sufuric acid has a very high albido value ( reflectance) and is
currently doing a significant part in holding back the effects of
increased greenhouse gasses.  During the no fly period solar insolation
values showed a marked increase.  Ahh it is ironic that if we were to go
to completely sulfur free fuels today, tomorrow our global warming
headache would be pounding that much harder.  So do we then look to
poison the ecosystems with acid rain in order to allow ourselves to go
on pumping carbon?  lol.  ( shakes head sadly)

Joe

SNIP