Hi Terry

>Hi Keith,
>
>The most significant difference from people in Britain and  people of Kenya
>seems to be transportation and electricity.

I think this shows the significant difference better:

UK -
GDP - per capita: $31,400 (2006 est.)
Unemployment rate: 5.4% (2006 est.)
Population below poverty line: 17% (2002 est.)

Kenya -
GDP - per capita (PPP): $1,200 (2006 est.)
Unemployment rate: 40% (2001 est.)
Population below poverty line: 50% (2000 est.)

There are many ways of interpreting those figures, but the comparison
is apt enough.

>Biofuels and electric cars for
>transportation and the many alternatives such as wind. solar, bio mass,
>geothermal, etc. for generating electricity by the western world could solve
>these differences.  We should be considerate of the suffering of people in
>the poorest countries.

Indeed. In that case we'd stop causing it.

Best

Keith