I'm with Paul here. GM 6.2 diesels are pretty common beasts in the
diesel market, so parts are easy to find, available, yadda yadda...
heck, you can probably get a fresh rebuilt 6.2 engine for the truck for
what you'd be looking at in your price range for a truck. Or maybe even
a 6.5, just make sure you don't get the one with the rudimentary computer...

-Kurt