I have been searching the archives with various keywords for a post
about what happens when you try to react oil that has a few percent of
petroleum diesel in it.  I seem to remember the subject came up some
time back but I cannot find it.  Does anyone know what happens in this
case?  Does the petroleum spoil the reaction ( I am wondering about acid
base reaction here) does it go along for the ride unaffected?  If anyone
knows or can remember the thread I would much appreciate to hear from you.

Joe