i have finally moved beyond the kitchen sink and my little 3L test reactor.
i began a long while ago by helping my brother-in-law take a steam cleaner
apart. there was a large water coil over the main burner which i saved, and
about a month ago we came to posess a junk water heater. by dumb luck the
coil fit inside the tank perfectly! i decided to use this and some other
junk i had about me to re- modify roger's version of the M.E.N. oil heater
and turn it into a boiler. ill have to bring some pictures when we get it
finished, but we intend to use the heater for [a] heat for the new
(incomplete, as of yet) reactor, [b] heat for the garage, and [c] someplace
to dry my gloves in the winter.

has anyone else tried putting a coil inside a tank heater like this before?
im still a little concerned about air flow. any suggestions?