Yep although I can only run the micro build because I have a neutered linksys wrt54G. Wish I'd have known about that when I bought it. But I can still do more with the DD-WRT firmware than the stock program cisco gave it. BTW it's dead easy to make a biquad feed for the dish and rather than farting around with some kind of gender bending adapter for the reverse polarity TNC connectors on the linksys router ( what a lame attempt to stop us eh?) I just soldered an SMA connector to the back of the board on the same solder pads used by the RP-TNC connector and left that connector open. Then I run some semirigid line to the feedpoint of the dish. Just for giggles I threw the biquad feed ( which I made in about an hour) on a very high frequency network analyzer here at the U and without any tuning, (just built by measurements) the antenna feed showed about 23 dB return loss at 2.4 Ghz. I was happy with that. At about 2 degrees beam width off the dish, aiming is a challenge for anything far out. Still trying to do some long haul links, seems to be plenty of gain, but I need some kind of utility that shows me the signal strength in realtime. Having to search for connections and hit the refresh button every time doesn't make me smile. Do you have any suggestions?

Joe

Mike Weaver wrote:

What are you running?  DD-WRT?  That's what I run on my Buffalos.
Been tinkering with antennas some.

Joe Street wrote:

Hey Doug;

I have always noticed your amateur radio callsign attached to your signature. I looked you up on QRZ.com and see you have an advanced rating. So now that this subject has come up I have to ask if you have any involvement with the Hinternet or any HSMM activity on the 9cm amateur band?? About 10 years ago I began playing with microwaves and set a record (along with VE3SMA) on the 24 Ghz band at 76km using 1mW of power and a surplus military radar dish. That experience made it pretty easy for me to build a hinternet node using a junked satelite tv dish hacked to a wireless router which I have reprogrammed with new firmware.( not necessary but gives increased functionality to the router) I believe it is important for the techies and especially ones who hang around places like this to take some steps towards holding ground with information connectivity. Ever considered it? I can show you how.

72
Joe (ve3vxo)

Doug Younker wrote:

M&K DuPree wrote:

Anyone know how JTF List members can know if JTF is ever filtered? Would each member stop receiving posts to the List? Would we each receive only certain posts? Thanks in advance for any ideas, comment. Mike DuPree
As I read the article what was labeled, "filtering" would more accurately be called, blocking access to to web content. As in the U. S. military recent action of blocking service personnel's access to myspace, youtube along with other web pages. This access is blocked when using military computers, LANs, but not from other internet access options like home and public computers.
Doug, N0LKK