  From: Kirk McLoren
  To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
  Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 10:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Hybrid Solar House

  sheetrock does absorb water as does furniture etc. I know because when I
lived in the Coachella valley (Indio - Palm Springs) I used evaporative cooling
until humid air moved north from the gulf. For the next couple of days the ac
condensate line ran water as the house dried out and the ac didnt pull down
fast. Then once dried ran normally.

  Kirk

  Fritz Friesinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hi Mike & all,
    i had a quick look at the Website of enertia,there are some very good
aspects in their aproach,but i think this is a kind of overkill!
    We talking here of basically two Housshells wich are probably very costly
and not ment for everybodys means!
    A significant aspect of full Woodhouses is not even mentionned in this
website<
    the ability of wood to even out differences of  humidity and therefore act
as a catalizer.
    Everone owns a Loghome would be able to tell that the Klimate in a Loghome
is much more natural and better than in conventional built studdwallstructure
with all kind of windbarriers and vaporbarriers!
    The only disadventage,Loghomes are very labourintensive and therefore
expensive.
    I am working since a while on a constructionmethod with double Woodwalls
insulated with natural fiber insulation,not using vaporbarriers at all,so the
whole wall is considered as a full Logwall.
    This method is costefficient, easy to assemble for homebuyers and
ecological,since the protection of the wood is mainly to constructiv means!
    My Modelhome should be up by the end of this summer!
    Fritz