Hallo Skak,

It  is  our dialect called boarisch or Bayerisch in standard German or
Bavarian  in  englisch.   Boarisch  is getting rare I think.  I am the
last  one  in  our family to speak it and I now speak it poorly as the
only  other  one  I  could speak it with, my grandmother, died decades
ago.   I  tried teaching it to my children and now to my grandchildren
but  they  didn't/don't  want to be different than their friends so it
doesn't  stick.   When my oldest hit 28 she told me she wished she had
learned  German/Bavarian when she had the chance.  Told her so. hehehe

One  of  my  "young" friends from Bavaria, Uli (52), comes here once a
year  and  we  speak in boarisch on and off.  Mostly he is with others
who  don't speak the dialect so we have to use standard German which I
also  don't  speak very well any longer.  Other than the bible I don't
read  much in German so once a year isn't enough to keep me fluent.  I
am ashamed of myself but such is life I suppose.  Anyhow, Uli tells me
that he hears less and less Bavarian spoken in Bavaria and then mostly
out on the land and mostly among older folks.

Fritz  has called it the language of resistance. I never thought of it
that  way  but  I  like  the  idea. It is the language our people used
before  predatory  culture  became  the norm, the "reality". It is the
language  of the land, the family, the community. There is a smallness
(in  the  best sense) and cohesiveness about it as well as a plainness
and  honesty  of expression. We don't say "feces" when "shit" will do.
It  is  the  language of the common person full of life and humor. The
name  of  those  things  which  dangle  between a mans legs are called
"Glockngspui"  in Bavarian which translates to Glockenspiel or chimes.
I  can't  imagine  that  in standard German. It is the language people
(used to) speak at home among family and friends.

This  is  probably  more  than you wished to know but it is what it is
friend.

Happy Happy,

Gustl

Friday, 07 September, 2007, 06:14:27, you wrote:

KSP> Now I got curious; Exactly what language was that?

KSP> I know the languages from the countries surrounding DK, and it's none of
them.

--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
********
We can't change the winds but we can adjust our sails.
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Straße liegen,
daß sie gerade deshalb von der gewöhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth