Hello Mike

>Thanks, I thought so.

I didn't.

>These are 18-20 of Santomauro's piece.Which question(s) are you asking?

This is the question that was asked:

> >>This is the nub of the matter. Why is this subject banned from
>discussion in
> >>11 countries (with a 12th about to come on line i.e. the recent American
> >>"hate speech" law which sailed through Congress) and why do otherwise
> >>apparently sane and intelligent people suddenly go la-la when asked to
> >>contemplate the anomalies?

What's the excuse for this taboo? Such things didn't go amiss four
centuries ago when the Earth stood still and the sun moved around it
because that's what it says in the Bible and to question that meant
being sent to Gitmo, um, the Inquisition, but we're supposed to have
grown out of that kind of stuff by now. Except for this one case. Why
is that? Is it something that we should accept?

The further question was whether the taboo is used as a cover to
stifle criticism of something just as heinous, Israel's brutal
oppression of the Palestinians. There's no doubt that it is so used.
That Israel can do no wrong because of the Holocaust is simply
untenable, but that's the way it is - question Israel and kiss your
career goodbye, question the official Holocaust dogma and risk being
jailed.

Let's get this straight please: I'm not saying and haven't said that
the official version isn't true, I haven't questioned it. You're not
allowed to question it, which makes it dogma whether it's true or
not. That's what I'm questioning, because of all the victims - not
just the Palestinians, much has been written recently on Israel's
role in the Iraq disaster, and in the downright terrifying push for
an encore in Iran, along with an endless stream of more "minor"
atrocities such as this:
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/10/15/4541/
Published on Monday, October 15, 2007 by Inter Press Service
What 'Safe' Cluster Bombs Do In Lebanon

Jenin, Sabra, Shatila...

All very much enabled by the Holocaust taboo. It's about the most
dangerous thing in the world, there's no excuse for it.

Bob also said "sane and intelligent people suddenly go la-la" over
this subject, indeed they do. Hakan said this yesterday in a reply to
Peter:

>It is a very worrying discussion line, from denial to how the
>Israelis have used it as alibi for their own
>war crimes. It is however very important that all will be a part of
>the future history in a correct way,
>but as it is said "it takes 100 years to write history". Concerning
>WWI we are almost there and
>it is not far to WWII.

But then he says this:

>... I have no reason
>to express doubts as you do. I even have the right and experiences to
>be upset about what you
>are saying and consider you as a dangerous person.

How are we to arrive at the future history in a correct way if
expressing doubts makes you a dangerous person? Surely the truth can
withstand doubts and questions, if it requires this kind of
protection then it's to be doubted that it's the truth. Which is just
what happens.

Otherwise, to use your examples, why don't we start jailing global
warming deniers, or Iraq war dissenters? (Oh sorry, we're already
doing that last one.) Hence Santomauro's points 18 to 20.

Questioning the Holocaust dogma dishonors the victims and belittles
their sufferings we're told. But it's difficult to imagine a worse
abuse of the victims and their sufferings than the ongoing atrocities
conducted under cover of this taboo. It's those who defend it who're
in denial.

But "Israel has the right to exist" - further denial: Israel has the
right to co-exist, and if it can't learn to do that then it has no
rights. Same as the white South Africans (another of your examples).

Anyone who's thinking of jerking their knee my way because of this
should please read this first:
http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg35355.html
Re: [biofuel] Re: Oil and Israel - Keith

Best

Keith

<snip>