my doctor has only twice in my 24 years prescribed me a pill, and both times it
was an antibiotic. one for strep throat (*sp?) when i was little, and one for a
kidney infection a couple of years ago, and even then he was more concerned
with what/how much i was eating. i asked him what the medicine was for during
the second episode, and he told me it was so i could "get over it faster
without scar damage" and told me to drink a bunch of different juices and water
along with it.
i think he writes enough scrips to keep his bosses quiet, but would prefer a
diet approach over anything.