Hi Jesse,
               When I was last in Toronto it was below zero and still
plunging, I was stuck in an airport going nowhere, my baggage had gone
missing, I'd fallen out with my girl friend, I had a cold coming on and yes
I could hear more than five languages around me but only one resembling
mine. Spoken -  no, gabbled at high speed and higher decibels - in an
unintelligible Belfast accent.  The speaker, according the notice above her
head, was quaintly termed an "Information Desk". .
"Desk" I could accept, at a stretch. In reality it was a counter. But
"Information" was clearly an oxymoron. At third attempt I deciphered the
words. She was telling me to be careful of my baggage and that my flight had
been cancelled, again. However, there were hopes of something "in a boot tew
ires". I didn't want to travel in a boot. I wanted what I'd paid for - a
regional airline seat I told her. She assured me that I'd get one, this time
she did'nt say it was in a boot but "at a boot sicks aclack".
I gave up.
I'd be there still if my girlfriend hadn't taken pity on me.
Today I live in paradise but enjoy visiting cities. The most recent was
Maputo in Mozambique where the potholes can take a whole bus. It was a
helluva buzz. But you want me to believe it's "darned fun" living in a tower
of Babel which boasts 300 square feet houses in an atmosphere that in your
own words varies from "chilly" to "infernal"?
Come off it Jesse, either you're dragging my chain or you've missed your
last counselling session.
Regards,
Bob.
 PS: that wasn't a screen freeze, it was Yahoo's oxymoron catcher. They're
on to you.