I have some oil from a small pizza shop; it's real dark and it titrates
at about 11.
I was going to just add some to each batch of 'better' oil to use it -
thinning it out like that should be ok, right?

PS - Thanks to all those that helped me along the way.  It looks like
all the 'problems' I was having was nothing more than a little glycerine
at the bottom of the separation funnel, settling after draining the
majority of it out.  Just a little sticking to the walls I guess.  The
last two batches couldn't have come out better now that I know what to
look for.