Hi Shan,Keith,

burning biomass is one way of generating energie,composting it is probably less
harmful to the environment!

I am building at this moment two woodhouses in doubleblocksystem (see my
website www.boiseriestraditionnelles.ca house on Lac Labelle)

The estimatet insulationvalue will exeed R32,so i can consider the house as low
energie building

The principal heating will be done by a compostreactor as per Jean Pain's
method (Keith, i live in a havily wooded aerea and underbrush is available more
than i need)

Every concretesurface (Slab and basementwalls) wil be used fore heating via
warmwaterpipes running trough the bioreactor!

In 35 hrs we collected about 15 tons of material to be shreded.My only concern
at this moment is how far du i install the bioreactor from the house,since i
dont know if thereis any

unplaesant smell to expect from the biomass!

I would appreciate any input from listmembers to improuve my pilotproject!

A comment to the pressuretreated wood discussion!

here in Quebec pressuretreated wood is considered as toxic wastematerial and
have to be disposed accordingly!

Despite of this reglement Hydro Quebec gave away thousands of decommissioned
Hydropoles to anyone who wanted to have them!

People did not know how toxic this material is,i was asked many times to go
with my portable sawmill to cut them down into boards and beams!

Giving them away saved them a lot of money to dispose of them properly!

Still pressuretreated wood is sold and used for decks and landscaping without
considering the toxic washout that hapens over the years!

Best

Fritz