Hi All ;

> i'm wondering how this could be done, and still be
> "cold."

Fusion means pushing together pieces of atoms which are repelling each other
due to like electrical charge.  The vast majority of mainstream scientists do
not believe cold fusion is possible.  Of course, it is possible they could all
be wrong (it has happened before).

There are other reviews of this experiment on the net, some of which mention
that the released report does not offer a plausible explanation about how this
could work, and secondly, the experimenters fail to take into account other
possible sources of the neutrons which were detected.

> > which is worse: fighting over disappearing fuel
> sources and cutting waste,
> > or feeding the current system?

Excellent point.  When oil was discovered it was a cheap 'limitless' power
source.  The resources of the sea, air, earth itself were "limitless".  Anyone
at the time predicting the serious problems and dislocations caused by cheap
oil would have been scorned. It took 100 years before anyone thought about the
dangerous direction we were headed, and those pioneering thinkers were also
scorned.

Be assured that even if cold fusion were possible, there will be serious side
effects which are difficult to predict at this time. A basic question for me is
: Do I believe this force would be used for good and to help the little guy?
Of would this force end up concentrated with the big guys at the top?  And do
you think that our guys will be the only ones to figure this out?

Let's hope it is not true.  If it were true, what it might be able to do is
power our expansion into space so we can colonize and screw up even more
planets.

BR
Peter G.
Thailand