On wind turbine ratings.... the average power out of a wind turbine will
generally be much less than the rated power.  Unless, of course, you have a
nice constant 28mph wind with no turbulence or variation.... most turbines
tend to be rated around 25 to 30mph.  I have had a little 200 watt rated (at
28mph) turbine up at my house all winter.  It is a quite windy location
where 2x6's move around the yard in gusts and woodpiles blow over.  I've
measured an 85mph gust on my anemometer at the top of my chimney, and 50mph
gusts are common all winter.  This turbine, over the 6 months of winter,
peaked out at 250 watts, and only produced 15kWh all winter....   not so
good (meaning that the average power it produced over the winter was about 3
watts).  On especially miserably windy days, it could produce up to 0.7kWh
though -- which still means it was only averaging 30 watts even on the
really windy days.  Even though I have lots of gusty winds, my average
windspeed is not great (especially only 15 feet off the ground where this
little turbine is).  I had a bigger one, rated at 1kW, up for a few days.
It peaked out at about 2.1kW, and was capable of doing about 2 to 3kWh over
a windy day.  Tower failure in 90mph winds (estimated) brought it down, and
I haven't gotten it back up again yet.  You can see from these numbers that
in a gusty wind regime like mine, even a turbine that peaks at a quite high
number, does not consistently produce anywhere near that amount.   The
places where wind farms are installed are usually selected for consistent
even winds... not really high gusty winds, like most people psychologically
think of as windy areas.

To figure out how much a turbine could be expected to produce in your area,
the best way is to get a year's worth of 10 second (or 1 second) windspeed
data, then use that, along with the power curve of the turbine (if a turbine
that is professionally made and for sale doesn't have a published power
curve.... be very very suspicious), to figure out what it would have
produced for that year.   A little cruder method... but one that we usually
have to use since we don't have the actual monitored wind data, is the
published energy curve (harder to find than power curves, but many
manufacturers are starting to include them), and the average annual
windspeed (or better, average monthly windspeed).  citydata.com has average
monthly windspeed (usually taken at an airport, at 10 meter height).