Hi Kirk

>Didnt Mussolini say Fascism is corporatism?

It seems he didn't:

>  > This is the famous Mussolini quote: "Fascism should more properly be
>>  called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate
>>  power." -- Benito Mussolini
>>
>>  But Public Eye reckons he never said it. See:
>  > http://www.publiceye.org/fascist/corporatism.html
>>  Mussolini on the Corporate State
>>
>>  Play it again Benito. :-)
>
>Such was my understanding. Benito, from what I've read, was basically
>a strong man thug type. Government philosophy wasn't one of
>his strong points.

- Re: [Biofuel] Fascists at it again
Chip Mefford
Wed, 07 May 2008
<http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg72589.html>

>I think their definition of truth is whatever they can get us to believe.

Indeed, pliable stuff, truth, it turns out, especially after the last
30 years of spin-on-steroids (it costs a trillion bucks a year), and
especially in the US. It's not that the US is more gullible, just
that it's the prize catch. Check out all the different brands of
implanted whackoisms you get these days and you have to ask, What
_can't_ they get you to believe?

>Why else did they dumb our society down?

The better to sell you stuff you don't need that isn't good for you?

Well, hyperconsumerism is nice, but just as long as you're pliant,
and compliant. Whatever, it's the same process as getting you to
believe stuff that isn't good for you. You buy stuff, and you buy
into stuff, and then you just keep on paying.

Robert Paxton's piece is a good read, it sheds much clarity on what
we were discussing in that thread about fascism, IMHO.

Just a reminder - in the archives the whole thread is linked at the
bottom of the page, but with longer discussions that branch a lot it
comes in segments. Here's the link again:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg72589.html>.
Go to the end of the page. The message links are indented so you can
see what's happening, and colour-coded so you know where you are,
where you've been, and where you haven't been yet. You'll notice that
the original message isn't there, they're all Re's. Click on the
first one:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg72564.html>,
go to the end of the page, and there it is, the original message,
"[Biofuel] Fascists at it again" - posted by Kirk McLoren. :-) If
you'd clicked the last message instead of the first one you'd have
found different links again. Nice to browse, full of nuggets.

>Kirk
>
>Just in: Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery

:-) Now I get it, but I didn't know what Energizer Bunny is, I had to
look it up. "The Energizer Bunny is the marketing icon and mascot of
Energizer batteries in North America." Oh I see. "In North America,
the term 'Energizer Bunny' has entered the vernacular as a term for
anything that continues indefatigably." Success! Ha - doesn't work on
me, I'm immune to pink unless nature does it. That's an improvement,
by the way, at least I don't want to eradicate pink stuff these days.
(There are reasons for all this...) It might be a fascist thing to
do, but I wouldn't mind much if they made it a federal offence to
make anything pink. At least you wouldn't be taken over by jackbooted
gangs of thuggish pinkshirts. And you could have the Energizer Bunny
arrested on charges of being pink while making people believe stuff
that isn't good for them.

Another definition of truth - what the competition can't sue you for.
Not truth: "The original slogan boasted that '...[n]othing outlasts
the Energizer...', but it was eventually changed after a lawsuit
filed by Duracell disputing Energizer's claim." Truth: instead
"Energizer ran a series of commercials featuring a fake rival
battery, Supervolt (including a Supervolt weasel mascot), that was an
obvious look alike of Duracell."
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energizer_Bunny> Energizer Bunny speak
with forked tongue.

Best