On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Keith
Addison<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> FYI - of any interest? (Not that I'm about to add it to my, uh, product line.)

This was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] - did you actually request
it? Sounds like snake oil to me, so I'm curious if they sent it
unsolicited...

They only brag about it being used in a few places here and there, and
they say two studies were done, but I only found one from Texas A&M.
They throw around some numbers and equations, but there's not a lot of
hard experimental data. Down a ways, under '4 Conclusions' they say
that this whole study was a simulation. Not that a simulation can't be
a good approximation, but it's no substitute when it's the only thing
you have. At least for something that should be fairly straightforward
to test in the real world.

I'm not impressed. The thing is, it sounds like a good idea. Something
that will reflect heat in one direction only and you can reverse it
depending on what you need. Sounds like a good, efficient solution
that doesn't require high tech manufacturing. But I'm very suspicious
of this company - it just doesn't smell right.

Erik