Yes, just about any diesel vehicle is also a biodiesel vehicle -- I've run
it in my Mitsubishi pickup, Isuzu cabover box truck, VW rabbit, and mercedes
without any modification (other than changing the fuel filters often at
first, because the biodiesel cleans all the gunk out of old diesel
systems).   Some of the very newest diesel vehicles (the CRD's from what
I've heard) are more picky and can balk at the bad quality (high oxidation
number from using soybean oil) biodiesel common in the US.  But old ones
seem to run fine for the most part.

I've also done two SVO vehicles... a DT466 school bus, and a mercedes
sedan... with all the heaters and such to get the oil up to 180F before
injecting it.  Both of those have exhibited no signs of problems (at least
from the SVO -- the transmission on the school bus keeps breaking) in the
last 5 or 6 years.  But... I haven't taken them apart to see if there are
signs of coking or anything around the injectors or extra wear from the SVO.

The pure lack of available of diesel vehicles smaller than a 3/4 ton pickup
truck in the US is the main problem... where are the small diesel pickups,
SUV's, vans, cars, wagons, etc, that make up 60% of the fleet in Europe, and
90% of the fleet in some african countries.  I've driven those, and they
have better performance than the gas versions we get over here (IMO), and
can use biodiesel... but no... we want our gas guzzling V8 SUV thing instead
of a nice 4 cylinder turbodiesel van that actually fits more (people or
cargo) and costs less to operate.