 From: Fritz Friesinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Sunday, March 4, 2012 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] briquette machine

Hi Kirk,
briquettes and pellets from wood chips are ment to be from shavings and
offcuts
of regular production facilitys.
I have since 2000 a briquttpress in my woodshop here in Quebec.
At first the ministry of environment didnt allow me to heat my shop with
briquettes!
Oil was ok....
Pellets are a good source of heating,but for a woodshop not ideal because
very sensytive
about different shavings,you need allways the same shavings as per wood and
sice of the shavings.
Thats ok for big manufactures of woodenfloors,wich would have allways the
same kind of shavings!
All in all,a very good way of recycling wast.
Not so for direct production of pellets and briquettes.
The breaking down and drying of green wood takes to much energy and is
therefor not the best solution!
So the slogan:  make your own biomass products is only good for woodshops of
a certain size!
Fritz
www.boiseriestraditionnelles.ca