http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Green-buses-longer-using-100-cent-biofuel/story-26016763-detail/story.html

[What is it about the mass media and biofuels/renewables that they just can't ever position them as a good news story? Note the negative message in the headline. As I skim that, I wonder, what's wrong with biofuels that these buses are no longer going to run on 100%?

However, the real story is actually positive. 31 buses x 100% = 31 bus fuel equivalents. 320 buses x 30% = 96 bus fuel equivalents or a threefold INCREASE in biofuel use in their fleet.

I also winced at the last line of the article, which makes it clear that diesel engines cannot run on biofuel.]

Green buses no longer using 100 per cent biofuel

By CambridgeNews  |  Posted: February 12, 2015

Green buses on the Busway between Cambridge and Huntingdon and St Ives no longer use 100 per cent biofuel.

Bus company Stagecoach has decided to switch from running 31 buses on 100 per cent biofuel to having 320 buses which run on 30 per cent biofuel, as part of a mix of fuels.

Although the biofuel does cost more than other kinds of fuel, the decision was to change to 30 per cent biofuel was made because older vehicles were not suitable for 100 per cent biofuel.

The buses have to be modified before they can use biofuel.

This does not affect the Go Whippet buses on the Busway, which have diesel engines rather than using biofuel.

A different article on presumably the same underlying story.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Biodiesel.aspx

Apparently, the buses really run on B20 biodiesel blend, and no vehicle modifications are required.