--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "clara consiglieri"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a  SVG file in a HTML file (with some functions). It works
quite well with IE but not with Netscape or Opera. I used the tag
<embed> and not <object> as you suggest.

The rendering of the SVG should work with Mozilla/Netscape and Opera,
what is not supported for Adobe SVG viewer versions 3 and 6 preview is
the script communication HTML-->SVG and all what is possible for
SVG-->HTML communication is the browserEval function.

There is nothing you can do about that with current SVG renderers,
Mozilla and Adobe and Opera and others are working to improve the
plugin API used by those browsers to enable script communication
HTML<--->Plugin but it will take some time before that API is frozen
and then implemented in new Mozilla and Opera versions and also used
by new plugin versions. See
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/plugins/npruntime.html
for details.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM