salut jean-david,

the (a?) svg plugin and its scripting engine handles vectors and only
knows about this vector based DOM. rasterizing indeed takes place within
the rendering engine, but this is at the end of the pipeline where you
have no more access (ASV's rendering engine is not ASV-specific, it gets
used in different adobe products, most of them are not web-related...).

people also asked for a possibility of knowing the color on a certain
pixel, it is the same impossible rendering thing.

one more reason why you cannot get the information you want via the
pixel result is that SVG uses the painter algorithm *and* allows opacity
levels, filter effects and anit-alisiasing. thus a red color can be
#ff0000 or a combination of filter, opacity effects and underlaying objects.

you should basically know what you draw on the canvas, thus using
geometry algorithms are best advice (not funny for everyone, but working).

andré

andre m. winter,
<http://www.carto.net/>
<http://www.vectoreal.com/>