""André M. Winter"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> well, basically this sample is to be found in an SVG-only application.
> thus there should be only one window object available and above should
> change its location.

ah but there's no viewer that is SVG only and has a window object with a
location property - document.URL should be made not read-only really, but
you can do it with fireEvent etc.  (although what happens when IceBrowser +
batik is something I don't know, but should really look up...)

> yes ;-) the test. i also thought onclick triggers first and thus i may
> do what i want with the xlink:href (e.g. adding some parameters).
> ie6/winXP/sp2 took first the xlink:href and thus ignored the onlick...

Do you have test-case, I've never seen this.

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
 xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
 viewBox="0 0 100 20" onload="init(evt)">
<title>Simple SVG Form</title>
<a id="fred" xlink:href="colour.1?colour=red"
<script type="text/ecmascript">
var SVGDoc
var xlinkNS="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
function init(e) {