On Thursday, October 21, 2004, 8:44:49 PM, Levent wrote:

LD> Dear All,

LD> I have a problem with displaying Turkish characthers on SVG. The
LD> following alternatives did not work.

Can you give mere detail on 'did not work'? Did it
a) give a well formedness error
b) display the wrong glyphs
c) display 'missing glyph' (empty box or question mark, usually.

LD>  Any idea how to resolve this
LD> encoding issue?

LD> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-9"?>
LD> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1254"?>
LD> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Of those three, all will work but the third oe is required to work (by
the XML spec) whereas support for any character encoding other than
UTF-8 and UTF-16 is optional.

Note that you do have to save the file in the specified encoding. Its not
enough to just type one line of xml :)

--
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM