"Jonathan Chetwynd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>perhaps you can enlighten me, what is the 'required information' that a
>blind user or a user who prefers not to use a mouse will get from this
>SMIL document?

Whatever their access technology provides by way of access to the metadata,
the whole point of Dougs example was that he re-used the metadata from the
document via SMIL into an additional display of the data for those user who
can make use of it.  It's additional.  The tooltips simply cannot be giving
required information, that would inaccessible.

Visual semantic languages can only provide metadata to allow access by the
blind, it's simply not possible for visual semantics to be understandable in
other ways (well an AT could attempt to say there's a circle/path etc. but
to construct that to something useful is impossible IMO for all non-trivial
graphics)

Jim.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM