Thank you Philippe...by the way the site is still working but for a few time,
because I'm trying to switch to a better provider.
Here is the URL:
http://193.109.46.48/xml

I've just posted a new small example for as much simpler as much rough way to
interact between VB6 and the Adobe Viewer 3 or 6.
Of course all that works only under Windows.
Here is the link:
http://193.109.46.48/xml/Projects/VB_SVG/vb_svg.zip

Problems...
1. Even it's working fine, it has many "indirect" noisy faults...the
case-sensing (mandatory for C++, script and so SVG DOM) is a nightmare within
the VB IDE, that automatically converts to the "proper" case any word.
Unfortunately, the IDE hasn't a good treatment for the case and the only one
way to preserve (even not at 100%) is to declare dummy variables with the
same name of the property/method invoked...

2. You must be patient and careful...
The sample uses a script engine that act as a "bridge" between VB and SVG. In
fact, it's a real multi-threaded service running in background together with
the (single-threaded) VB app.
If something is wrong within VB, but you don't shut properly the script
engine...then you'll gain a complete stall of the IDE...it won't be freezed,
nor hang...but there's no way to stop/restart/break your app...the only thing
to do is opening task manager and forcing VB to unload.
KNOWN THAT...remember to save the source as many frequently as you can!!!!

3. Office, office, office...
I like Office everyday lesser and I pushed my wife to use StarOffice under
Linux instead!
If you don't have Office, the sample is working ok.
If you have Office in the typical config, you probably will see a message
asking for the Office CD.
I never never was able to understand why and how to surround that behavior,
but our customers know that and finally accepted...
You may cancel the dialog and the sample works fine, but every time you start
the sample that dialog appears again, until the Office CD is eaten by the
system...after that the dialog isn't shown anymore.
Ops!...I refer to Office 2000 and over.

4. It's quite difficult to debug the app, because it appears like an hybrid
program, built using 3 different techniques.

5. The SVG document MUST HAVE the declaration to use the Microsoft scripting
engine.

Conclusion...
If you need simple apps with limited interaction, that sample could be surely
convenient.

Pros:
- very small code;
- very fast to adapt;
- nothing to configure in the system (except for Office);

Cons:
- case-sensing;
- noisy to debug, some error may hangs the IDE, some others may show the same
error twice (once per engine);
- works only within Windows and with IE6 (I suggest at least 6);
- something strange around Office installation;
- not particularly clean code, because you must take care for 3 different
engines;
- the system is hard: one app=one code=one SVG;

SECOND SOLUTION.
In case of more complex interaction, I strongly suggest another solution that
is a small-small-small web server (written in VB and embedded in your app)
that communicates with the browser.

Pros:
- complete independence from the browser (it will works also with Mozilla
stuffs);
- good independence from the SVG viewer (it will works also with native
Mozilla SVG viewer, but also with Batik and others);
- ability to use whatever scripting engine inside the SVG document;
- all that independence/flexibility is ready without any modification of the
VB app;
- really strong and reliable;
- small footprint of scripting needed on the SVG document;
- much more close to the web nature;
- ability to use the "normal" web browser, not being enclosed in the app;
- easily defers server-app and browser to realize either local or remote
control;
- ability to have more than one browser concurrent to the VB app (must be
properly managed);

Cons:
- browser and server communicates thru a TCP/IP port: in case of firewall, it
must be configured to leave access for the data;
- the SVG docs must be adjusted to host/to be hosted for the communication;
- the VB code is pretty long (the web server needs several lines of code);

I'll prepare the 2nd sample of sure, but not at the moment.
Have a nice day and a good new year eve!...
Cheers
Mario