From: Sean Montague [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu 13-Jan-05 00:50
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [svg-developers] reading shape files and/or geodatabases

I've written scripts to export GIS data to SVG within ESRI products, but
am now looking to bypass the whole GIS software thing all together.  I
need either an app that can do such or advice on where and what to start
learning to do it my self.  The question is, how do I read the long
binary data of a shape file/geodatabase and convert iti to text?  Thanks.

--Sean